Sunday, June 3, 2007

My Bollywood Bride

Sometimes I'm watching movies at home, and those are some older or recent, but not the newest. Today I chosed My Bollywood Bride romantic comedy.

This film wasn't ponderous enough to whet my appetite for a bollywood drama, but it does have a tasty balance of music, romance and unforgettable characters. It's never laugh out loud funny, but is frequently amusing. I was giddy with delight in the film's capture of India's sights, colors, tastes and sounds. Old world meets new is the theme for the film's soundtrack. The humorous ensemble cast guides the audience to discover that while being immersed in a foreign culture, human nature stays pretty much the same world over. A joyful infusion of disco, bollywood and lamental melodies that sent my spirit soaring. I had to remind myself - this is after all an American film! It's done with enough bollywood flair to leave me satiated. :)

7/10

No comments: